There could be several reasons for this:
- Is the appID you are using set to the Data API plan? If not please contact us to have that set up for you. More on that here.
- Do you have the correct username and password set? You need the username and password (case sensitive) that you log into the JustGiving Charity Account with.
- If your password contains a ":" this will need to be changed as the API cannot accept this character.
- Do you have duplicate usernames for the same charity account? If so, at least one of these will need to be deleted in order for the API to work.
- Are you trying to ask for more than 3 months worth of data? Please note that the API restricts calls to just three months in width. For example 25th Jan - 24th Apr.
- Is the payment report you are trying to download actually available in your charity account? The Data API will not return reports that are status = pending.